Wednesday, August 24, 2016

eLearning Challenges: #139

After my relaxing work-cation trip to Seattle for the Articulate Roadshow (Bellevue, WA), I felt all refreshed to work on eLearning Heroes Challenges. That was three weeks ago. Finally, I got around to doing one of the challenges, which was really fun. Those challenges are great way to keep your hands on the software and come up with new ideas and resources. I think it took me about 2 hours in total, including the design idea and finding appropriate resources. I really want to keep at it - perhaps after the next deadline I can take a few hours each week to do one.

The challenge I chose this time was to Give These Top Templates a Makeover. Naturally I did not have time to do all the templates, but I chose one to try and play around with - and attempt a conversion to flat design

While that challenge sounds pretty simple, there are some key points to consider. For me, they were:
  • Finding the right color palette (free)
  • Finding some flat design avatars (free)
  • Finding a sound clip (free)
  • Figuring out the overall look and feel (brain time)
These weren't hard to find (all references in the final Storyline file), but incorporating and editing them did take some time.  

BEFORE


MY MAKEOVER
The final result is available at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment